Ages & Fees
|Teachers||14 & UP||$385||$20|
|Assistants||Minimum Age 14||$335||$20|
|Senior||14 & UP||$300||$20|
|Teen||11 through 13||$300||$20|
|Junior||7 through 10||$300||$20|
|CDA||3 through 6||$200||$20|
Registration Release Date
Registration for Nationals will open on May 17th, 2017 (9 am pacific time). Put it on your calendar! Convention and Competition registration may close before cut-off-date, which is June 2nd, 2017, once maximum capacity is reached.
- May observe and participate in all ballrooms
- All Camp DanceAdventure classes will be offered in the Teacher’s room
- When dancing in student rooms, please be respectful and dance to the side or in the back of the room behind the student dancers.
- Convention and Competition information will be sent to registered teachers and will be available on the Nationals Page on June 14th, 2017.
- All registered teachers will receive an Official Studio Packet, which will include a teacher handbook, scholarship numbers, wristbands, and other surprises.
- Teachers will have access to the teacher’s lounge for the entire week of Nationals. The teacher’s lounge is a private ballroom for all teachers to have a “break area” to relax. Breakfast and lunch will be provided in the teachers lounge on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (breakfast only on Thursday). There will be coffee available all day in the teacher’s lounge as well. (no assistant teachers)
- Teachers are invited to the Welcome Cocktail Party (Sunday evening) and Teacher’s Luncheon (Wednesday afternoon).
- May not participate in competition.
- May not register as assistants or observers.
- May observe and participate in all ballrooms.
- May participate in competition.
- May participate in Senior auditions.
- All attendees will be issued a wristband which allows access only to their assigned room.
- Wristbands may be changed at the DMI registration table with a registered teacher.
- Wristbands are available for purchase at the DMI registration table.
- Are allowed with registered student only.
- Have no access to Teacher classes.
- Must be respectful to the dancers taking class and take all discussions and phones outside the ballroom.
Camp Dance Adventure Observers
- Wristbands are available for purchase to observe CDA only.
All scholarships are nontransferable and are property of the recipient’s studio. Scholarships are only valid for the awarded attendee, year, and/or event. Scholarships hold no cash value.
Find Your Truth Scholarships
- Each faculty member will present scholarships to select students who demonstrate outstanding ability in a style of dance. The students will receive a scholarship to attend two Regional Conventions during the 2017-18 tour at no cost.
These scholarships are valid for our 2017 Summer Intensive in Nashville, TN. The Summer Intensive gives students an intimate, hands-on learning experience to prepare them for the professional world. You will get choreography from the world’s leading instructors, seminars, agency classes, auditions, video reel and more!
- Full Scholarship to our Summer Intensive – this scholarship allows the recipient to come to our 2017 Summer
Intensive free of charge.
- Half Scholarship to our Summer Intensive – This scholarship allows the recipient to come to our 2017 Summer Intensive for half the total price.
The Giving Keys Scholarship
- DanceMakers has teamed up with our friends at The Giving Keys and are giving away a key necklace engraved with “Truth” accompanied with a Full Year Scholarship to the 2017-18 tour.
Social Media Scholarship
- This scholarship allows the recipient to join us on our 2017-18 tour with a year-long Regional Scholarship! It is awarded to one dancer who shows us love throughout the week on Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtag #fyttour and tag @dancemakersinc to be eligible for this year-long Regional Scholarship.
Movement Lifestyle Scholarship
- This scholarship is valid for 10 classes at the Movement Lifestyle studio in Los Angeles, CA. You may use this scholarship at any time, but there is a 30 day expiration after your first class is redeemed. To receive your class card, simply present this scholarship to the Movement Lifestyle front desk.
Pace University Scholarship – $5,000
- DanceMakers will be issuing a $5,000 scholarship to Pace University to the finalist of the audition process at Nationals. The finalist will be accepted into Pace University’s Dance Program and awarded the DanceMakers Scholarship. The finalist will need to be accepted academically to Pace University separate from the audition process. The scholarship recipient must be an upcoming Junior, upcoming Senior and/or graduating Senior. The audition process will be held in the Senior room during the week of Nationals and the winner will be announced on Thursday at the Wrap It Ceremony.
Pace University Intensive Scholarship
- Full scholarship to the Pace University Intensive.
- Registration for Nationals will open on May 17th, 2017 (9 am pacific time)! DanceMakers will not be accepting any registrations for convention or competition prior. Put it on your calendar! Convention and Competition registration may close before cut-off-date, which is June 2nd, once maximum capacity is reached.
- Registration and payment must be received June 2nd to avoid late fees. If registration is received after the cut off date, there will be a $20 late fee applied to each attendee. If payment is received after the cut off date, there will be a flat $100 late fee applied to the registration.
- Convention and Competition information will be sent to registered teachers and will be available on the Nationals Page on June 14th.
- Classes and competition will close when maximum capacity of registrants and competition is reached. This could happen before cut-off date.
- DMI does not accept personal or studio checks at events. Checks are accepted for payments made by cut off date.
- There are no refunds. Studio credits are available to the studio owner only for convention only.
- Independent registrations for convention only will be accepted.
- One day rates are available. Contact DMI offices for more information.
- Dancers that are registered in the competition must be registered for the full week and cannot register for the one day workshop.
- Walk up registrations will be permitted the week of the convention only if space is available.
- Walk up and add on registrations must be paid by cash, credit card, cashier’s check or money order.
- Wristbands for entry into ballroom must be worn throughout the convention and competition. Do not remove wristband. If replacement wristband is needed, your old wristband must be presented.
- No Admittance to ballrooms without a wristband – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No oversized dance bags or luggage allowed in the ballroom. Keep all belongings as far back against the walls as possible.
- All dancers must wear cover-up and shoes when outside the ballroom area. No tap shoes and no bare feet outside ballrooms.
- Please be respectful of other guests in convention and hotel.
- Choreographers and all attendees automatically give their permission to DanceMakers to use all photos and videos for advertising, publicity, and professional use.
- Photo and video are allowed only during convention. Photo and Video is NOT allowed during competition.
- DanceMakers proudly presents “The Collective – an elite company.” Dancers who show an “it” factor are hand chosen at Nationals by our faculty and invited to attend every stop on tour for free. The criteria is based on recognizing technique, drive, style or attitude. The members of “The Collective” will have the privilege of training, studying and performing with our world renowned teachers and choreographers. This program allows outstanding dancers to become a part of the DMI FAM and travel the country as assistants, performers and staff members for a well rounded experience in the dance industry. The opportunities gained in being a part of this once in a lifetime program will add to the work experiences and performing opportunities for dancers who are on the road to a professional career. DanceMakers will handle travel arrangements and/or accommodations for select cities each season for “The Collective”.
The Collective JV
- DanceMakers proudly presents “The Collective JV – an elite company.” Dancers in the Junior and Teen level who show an “it” factor are hand chosen at Nationals by our faculty and asked to be a positive representation of DanceMakers in the younger age divisions as assistants. The criteria is based on recognizing technique, drive, style or attitude. The members of “The Collective JV” will have the privilege of training and studying with our world renowned teachers and choreographers. This program allows outstanding dancers to become a part of the FAM and travel the country as assistants for a well rounded experience in the dance industry. In addition to becoming DanceMakers assistants, “The Collective JV” will be given a year scholarship to all DanceMakers Conventions for the following year, honored at all Awards Ceremonies, such as the Warm Up and Wrap It, receive head shots, apparel and of course, the iconic “The Collective JV” letterman jacket. Just like “The Collective”, DanceMakers will handle and sponsor travel arrangements and/or accommodations for the dancers chosen for “The Collective JV” for select cities each season.
Teachers Attend Fee
- There is a $38.50 credit for each paid student toward teacher registration at each attending city, which equals 1 FREE teacher for every 10 paid students.
- This discount can only be applied to Teacher registration, NOT Assistant Teachers.
DanceMakers has made arrangements with the host hotel to give a free $60.00 observer wristband for each room that is reserved in the DanceMakers room block during the DanceMakers National event. Since DanceMakers has had considerable problems with both false credentials from clients and from difficult negotiations with hotels, there are specific requirements to qualify for this special.
- The room reserved must be in the DanceMakers room block. You must confirm that your room is in the block when you make the reservation. Room reservations not listed in the hotel room block are not eligible for a free wristband.
- Room reservations made after the hotel cut off will not be in the room block and will not qualify for the free wristband.
- Rooms made under military rates or reserved with online discount agencies (Orbit, Hotels.com, etc.) will not be in the room block and will not qualify for the free wristband.
- Rooms reserved for a rate less than the advertised DanceMakers room rate will not be in the room block and will not qualify for a free wristband.
- Once the DanceMakers room block is full, there will be no free observer wristbands available.
- The hotel is completely responsible for rooms being in the DanceMakers room block. If reservations are not listed in the room block, DanceMakers has no ability to make any adjustments. Adding a room to the DanceMakers room block is the sole responsibility of the hotel venue.
- Receipt of the free wristband is solely dependent on showing the hotel confirmation and presenting the ID of the person whose name is on the reservation.
- Free wristbands are available only at the designated observer wristband table and only at designated hours. Hours for obtaining wristbands are posted and normally are the same time as general registration.